January 28th is International Data Privacy Day, an international effort to create awareness about the importance of respecting privacy, safeguarding data, and enabling trust. Dapper is proud to celebrate such an important day – privacy, trust, and data safety are pillars of our work.
To help raise awareness for this important day, we’ve put together a list of tips to help you learn how to secure your personal information.
Tips on how to stay safe online and protect your personal information
- Trust but verify: Malicious emails and links can look like they are coming from legitimate sources. These malicious emails and links attempt to collect your personal information or infect your device with malware or viruses. If you are unsure of the sender, contact the company directly to confirm they sent you the message. Also, confirm the destination URL before clicking on a link.
- When in doubt, throw it out: If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. If something looks suspicious, confirm the sender or URL; otherwise, delete it.
- Protect yourself online: Limit who you share your personal information with online or what apps you grant access to. Review your privacy settings and permissions and delete unwanted or unused apps.
- Secure your information: Use strong passwords and/or enable multi-factor authentication (MFA) when available. Strong passwords and MFA are your first line of defense in preventing unauthorized access to your personal information.
- Visit the Dapper Customer Security page for more: https://support.meetdapper.com/hc/en-us