Why We Require an Identity Check
Dapper Labs has partnered with regulated financial entities to enable us to offer safe and robust payment options. As such, Dapper Labs is required to collect verification information, which provides an additional level of security to protect our community of collectors and ensure a great purchasing experience.
There are three steps to completing the identity check:
- Taking a photo of the ID you are submitting. Valid government-issued identification is required for the identity check, although which type of ID you use will depend on your region. For example, if you are in North America, you will have the option to use your driver's license. Other regions will require a passport.
- Taking a selfie.
- Completing a simple form with details such as your residential address.
As part of our commitment to keeping our community safe, the identity check can only be performed through your Dapper account. All identification documents must be submitted through our platform – we do not accept emailed copies of your identity documents for verification.
The Identity Check Process
In most cases, the identity check will go through almost instantly. Once completed, you will be sent a confirmation email to the address you used to sign up for your Dapper account.
Should your first attempt at the identity check be unsuccessful, you will have four more chances to upload your ID and complete the process. If your identity check fails after those allotted attempts, our team will conduct a manual review. In that case, we will reach out to you for additional information to complete your identity check. Please do not send us documents until we have requested them.
Once we receive the additional info, it may take our team a couple of days to review everything you've provided.
Ready to do the identity check? Here are a few tips to help you complete the process:
- If you’re submitting your driver's license, take a photo of both the front and the back of your ID in a well-lit area, free of any glare.
- Make sure that your ID is in focus and fully visible for the photo.
- When taking your selfie, remain still until your photo is captured and displayed on the screen. There is a slight lag between the camera reading your face and capturing your image. If you move, the photo will come out blurry.
- If you’re using the mobile option, only the Safari browser on iOS is supported. If you’re using an Android device, most browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Brave) will work.
- If your photos are routinely blurry, please try using a different device (a different mobile, laptop, or desktop may have a better camera).
- Make sure the ID you are using is valid and not expired.
- Reminder: For your safety, please do not send personal information to us unless asked to do so. We will never ask you to send personal information to any other email address.
Got more questions? Check out our Help Center.