Dapper is proud to be one of the organizers that are bringing the global Web3 community together to celebrate NFT Day on September 20, 2022. This day marks the five-year anniversary of when Dapper Labs CTO Dete Shirley first submitted the NFT standard ERC-721 and coined the term “non-fungible token.” Since then, NFTs have become the heart of countless communities, innovation, and mainstream adoption of blockchain technology—especially right here on Dapper.
We’re excited to participate in NFT Day along with many notable projects that are built on Flow and integrated with Dapper, including Gaia, Flovatar, BuildSpace, Inception Animals, Sturdy Exchange, Krikey, LearnWeb3, This is Epix, CryptoPiggos, TuneGo, and Seussibles.
NFT Day provides an annual moment for Dapper’s community to join with the collective industry and show everyone how Web3 experiences can add real value to what they already participate in and enjoy. Anyone in the world can join the celebration, and there are dozens of ways for you to participate as well, such as:
- Visit internationalnftday.org. The official home of NFT Day, this site showcases comprehensive content about NFTs, including an explanation and history of the technology and ways you can enhance your NFT journey. The site also provides key information on NFT Day events and highlights partners that we’re working with to make the day a memorable annual experience.
- Share on social media. Let’s make a huge splash and create global awareness of NFTs! Help make #NFTDay the top trending topic on Twitter on September 20, and be sure to display your NFT collection on Instagram.
- Participate in giveaways, contests, and drops. If you’re a creator, you can time your updates and activations with NFT Day so your projects can capitalize on a surge in NFT-focused traffic. If you’re a collector, add to your prized collections by participating in the various giveaways, contests, and drops that are happening on NFT Day.
- Host or attend an in-person meet-up. Community hosted gatherings will take place in cities across the globe. If you’d like to host an event for enthusiasts in your local community, we’re offering a stipend to support approved events—register your gathering today. If you’d like to attend, check out the lineup of global events and find the one closest to you. Here are the locations confirmed so far—with more on the way:
- Ho Chi Minh
- Chicago (Details coming soon)
- Taiwan (Details coming soon)
- Vancouver (Details coming soon)
- Claim a free commemorative NFT. On September 20, we’ll share directions on how you can receive an exclusive, commemorative NFT Day 2022 NFT. A Dapper wallet will be required to claim it—if you don’t have an account yet, create one now.
We’re looking forward to seeing how you participate in NFT Day with Dapper and the broader NFT and Web3 communities around the world. This event will be a powerful step towards broader awareness, understanding, and adoption of blockchain technology–and it’s only the beginning. It will be fun to look back at the past 5 years of NFTs, but even more exciting to look forward to everything to come in the next 5 and beyond.
Together, we can help elevate blockchain technology, debunk misconceptions, and illustrate the utility it can generate for people of all backgrounds and interests. Each year, this momentum will continue to build and introduce more people to the magic of Web3. We’re excited to be joining forces with you both now and in the future to continue to spread the adoption of NFTs and Web3 everywhere.